How many times have you listened to a losing football coach lament his team’s poor execution – we had a good game plan, we just didn’t execute well?
Have you ever wondered why some sports teams are able to consistently perform at a high level, year-in and year-out, and others do not? They may not win a championship every year, but they are usually in contention.
How do they do it? Excellent talent, for sure, but we have seen many teams with better talent lag. Excellent teamwork, absolutely, you cannot win without it. Leadership, organization, coaching style, culture – yes there are a number of important factors.
The top performing organizations understand them and continually seek to master all of them.
The same lessons apply to business organizations, what truly sets the better performing companies apart from the rest of the pack is execution. For most small and medium-size companies, organization excellence or execution is the most important determinant of performance. Based on Gallup research, companies with engaged workforces, one of the key elements, experience 70% improvements in performance.
Based on a combination of research and executive experience, Growth Strategy Partners has developed a proven framework for helping companies assess and elevate the execution effectiveness of their organizations. The framework has been successfully used to dramatically improve the performance of companies across multiple industries.
The elements of this framework along with the ideal state in each are:
• Structure – Supports the business strategy and effective execution of the business.
• Capabilities – “A” or “B” players in each management position; team-oriented, excellent leadership capabilities and able to generate results.
• Integration – An organization that works internally as one seamless team and is integrated with its customers and suppliers.
• Processes – Efficient, reliable, standardized and continuously improved.
• Style – Coaching, collaborative; one that embraces empowerment and trust.
• Values and Culture – Explicitly defined values and cultural attributes; consistently and continually reinforced by the leadership team.
• Execution – Capability to consistently generate superior results and meet its commitments.
If you would like to significantly improve the performance of your business and people, our High Performance Organizational Analysis can provide you with concrete action plans on how to get there. To learn more about this analysis please Contact Us. To take a self evaluation on these elements click here: High Performance Organization Self Evaluation.